- Notional verbs 实义动词
- Transitive verbs及物动词
- She made a stupid mistake. Where did you put the key?—single object 单宾语
- The song reminded me of my childhood. People often compare life to a play.—prep.加介词
- Can you lend me some money? (Can you lend some money to me?)
Give that pen to me. (Give me that pen.)—double objects双宾语（顺序可变）
- I wish you happiness. The car costs me 10,000 dollars.—double objects双宾语（顺序不变）
- Intransitive verbs不及物动词
- What happened? The cat is sleeping.—occur alone单独使用
- Stand up! Sit down! I’m right here waiting for you.—prep.加介词
- Link verbs系动词
I’m tired. He is at home. You look nervous. Roses smell sweet. The song sounds so nice.
The soup tastes delicious.
- Modal verbs情态动词
- can—Who can answer this question? Can you help me? You can’t park here.
- may—May I help you? I may leave here next year. May you be happy forever!
- should—You shouldn’t drive after drinking.
- must—You must stop smoking. You must be hungry now. You must see that film, it’s wonderful.
- Auxiliary verbs助动词—in negative and interrogative sentences用于否定句和疑问句中
- do/ does/ did—Do you like coffee? I don’t like coffee. I didn’t cheat you.
- have—Have you finished your homework? I haven’t yet finished.