The Mistake: We English speakers in India often talk about bringing something up-to-date with the words “updation” or “updations”:
- I will finish the updation tomorrow.
- The IT team is doing the system updations now.
The Correction: Speak correctly and with confidence by using the word “update” when talking about bringing something up-to-date. Use “update” in these forms:
an update or updates (noun):
- I will finish the updates tomorrow.
- The IT team is doing a system update now.
to update (verb):
- I will update the report tomorrow.
- The IT team is updating the system now.
- I will send you the updated report tomorrow.
- The updated system is much faster.