1. hunch— If you have a hunch about something, you are sure that it is correct or true, even though you do not have any proof. 直觉;预感;第六感
Why did you bet all the money on the horse? I had a hunch on that.
I had a hunch that Susan and I would work well together
2. pet peeve— a continual source of personal annoyance or complaint. 痛处；心病；经常抱怨的问题
One of my biggest pet peeves is loud music.
I have a pet peeve—-I don’t like people to touch my hair.
3. a heads-up — an advance notice or warning. 温馨提示
I just want to give you a heads-up that the boss is coming.
Heads-up, a bus is coming!
4. under the weather—sick, ill. 身体欠佳
I’m sorry, but I can’t come to work today — I’m feeling a little under the weather.
5. spin one’s wheels—to waste time doing things that achieve nothing. 浪费时间
I’m just spinning my wheels, there’s no chance to get a pay raise.
Don’t spin your wheels. He won’t listen to you.