Some idioms pertain to parts of the body. For example “cold feet” you would say “to have (or get) cold feet,” to be nervous before a big event. Isn’t it interesting? Let’s take a look at the body idioms
- All ears, fully listening. eg. I am all ears.
- Break a leg, good luck.
- Cold feet, nervous just before a big event. eg. He always gets cold feet before exams.
- Cost an arm and a leg, be very expensive
- Cry your heart out, cry very hard
- Give/lend a hand, give some help
- Head over heels, deeply in love
- Keep an eye on, take care of, watch in order to protect
- Keep one’s chin up, to be cheerful