The Mistake: Very often, English speakers in India incorrectly add an “s” to words that are already plural, as in the following examples:
- The peoples on the bus are hot.
- His childrens attend that school.
- Twenty womens work at the hospital.
These plurals are NOT correct English. Avoid them.
The Correction: Speak correctly and with confidence by using the correct plural form of “person”, “child”, and “woman”:
- The people on the bus are hot.
- His children attend that school.
- Twenty women work at the hospital.